March is National Frozen Food Month!!!
Pioneers in food preservation and frozen food brands are recognized for their contributions to this revolutionary industry during this month. Charles Birdeye is heavily acknowledge this month as he is credited with inventing frozen foods. Frozen foods include healthy produce, portioned meals and a variety of cuisines and dishes. Freezing is ultimately the best way to preserve foods. Frozen foods make the world of cooking much easier, keeping food safe and fresh.
Frozen Foods Facts (source: easyhomemeals.com)
- The bestselling frozen food is ice cream.
- Freezing acts as a natural preservative so many of your favorite foods contain no preservatives.
- Flash freezing (quickly freezing foods at extremely cold temperatures) was introduced in the 1900s by Clarence Birdeye.
- Frozen fruits and veggies that are properly packaged can be stored for up to a year!
- The freezer aisle in most grocery stores comprise of about 3,700 different foods.
Frozen foods can be used to make some of the best meals. From breakfast to dinner, from lunch to snacks, frozen foods help you create meals you and your family love. For frozen meal recipes easyhomemeals.com
Remember, whether cooking for yourself or someone else who is under orthodontic treatment be sure to check out our foods to avoid list to make sure your food wont harm your braces.