Please Stay Away From These Troublemakers:
- Sticky foods like taffy and caramels
- Crunchy foods like pretzels, popcorn, and nuts
- Vegetables and fruits such as apples and raw carrots should be cut into small pieces
- Do not open sports bottles with your teeth
- Biting on things like pen caps, pencils, ice or fingernails
It is impossible to list all the types of food that need to be avoided, so please use common sense in your selections.
If you experience a problem with a loose bracket, band, or other orthodontic appliance, please call us at Poser Orthodontics as soon as possible during regular office hours. That will allow us to schedule the additional time necessary for the repair.