To help you start this positive orthodontic experience Poser Orthodontics found a new recipe that is braces friendly and taste buds approved! Check it out below.
- 3 Apples
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- Baking & Spices
- 1 Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Bread & Baked Goods -6 slices Bread
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Water
1. Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and a pinch of ground cinnamon in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add the bread in a single layer, turning until all the egg is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter, and add apples, stirring to coat until starting to caramelize. Add the water, cooking until water has evaporated and apples are tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Pour in the maple syrup and a dash of ground cinnamon; simmer for a minute to combine.
4. In a large, heated nonstick skillet, melt about 1 tablespoon butter and saute the soaked bread until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes. Place French toast on a plate and top with apple-maple mixture, plus more butter if you'd like!